Oblivion

I have this pain in my heart that doesn't let me sleep, 
I can't make out what it is or where it comes from, 
I only wish it would let me be,
I wish it would go away; 
And then there are times when this idea creeps behind me and makes me think deaths is near by,
this which always leaves me wondering out of my wits, 
I wonder if this life is real, 
I wonder if I am not alone,
I wonder if I am not already gone, 
I wonder if death has not yet claimed me for it's own and I know not of this; 
What if everything I see is an illusion, 
what if nothing of what I hear is true, 
what if every day deceives me, 
what if there is only this pain in my heart and I am bound to it for all eternity, 
what if there is no time and space, 
what if here nothing really matters, 
what if everything is pointless and deep down inside I am but an empty shell; 
There is no motion here, there is no spark, there is no life, there is only nothingness, 
for I feel nothing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wish...

A long lost letter...

Yearning