Faceless

"...I have this dream of being whole, of not going to sleep each night wanting, still sometimes when the wind is warm or the crickets sing, I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for..."

We all want to be saved
We all want to be saved...

It's a quote from one of the movies I hold most dear, this is phrase that keeps on coming to my mind more often than not, especially on those sleepless nights when I lay alone in my bed, thinking about the events that went on through the day, how they progressed and the things that need to be done tomorrow, about the ridiculous politics, the waning economy, and how it's all affecting the rest of us, about the future, about the past, about where life has led me up to this point and of it's eventual but eminent end.

But mostly what I really think about are the things I want out of life, and there, at that precise moment, is when those lines come rushing to my head making me realize that no matter how many times my friends keep telling me, "you'll be fine", "I'm here for you", "you can count on me", "you can trust me", "I'll never let you down", at the end of the day you go home alone, to an empty house, to an empty bed, to an empty fire; and this is beside the point that they all truly wish nothing but the best for you, they all do it so willingly, so gladly and honestly do mean it; and this is all regardless of the fact that I do appreciate it and I need each and every one of them like the air in my lungs.

But sometimes, just sometimes, all you wish for is to have that special someone you can curl up with in bed at night, that someone that will make all your fears go away with just a smile, a person that will hold your hand, kiss you, hug you, hold you till you fall asleep and whisper in your ear, that everything will be alright, that nothing will harm you as long as he is around and that he will protect you, fight for you and keep you safe from harm; because at the end of the day, we all need a knight in shining armor, because at the end of the night, we all want to be saved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wish...

Yearning

A long lost letter...